The City of Milwa...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
The City of Milwaukee, WI
JUDICIARY & LEGISLATION COMMITTEE on 2022-01-10 1:30 PM - This is also a virtual meeting. Those wishing to view the proceedings are able to do so via the City Channel-Channel 25 on Spectrum Cable or on the Internet at http://city.milwaukee.gov/citychanne
Meeting Time: January 10, 2022 at 1:30pm CST
Closed for Comment January 10, 2022 at 12:30pm CST
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
1. 211396 A substitute ordinance relating to aldermanic district boundaries commencing in 2022.
Aldermanic Plan B.pdf
Aldermanic Plan B Data.xlsx
Aldermanic Plan C.pdf
Plan C Data.xlsx
Aldermanic Plan D.pdf
Plan D Data.xlsx
Voces Memo Accomp'g AD Map Proposals
Voces Proposal #1
Voces Proposal 2
Aldermanic Plan E Data.pdf
Aldermanic Plan E.pdf
Proposed Map A 11x17.pdf
Aldermanic District Demographics - Proposed Map A.xlsx
Hispanic Majorities and Pluralities By Ward.pdf
Hispanic Population CHANGE from 2010 to 2020.pdf
Republican Votes 2020 Election.pdf
Votes Cast 2020 General Election.pdf
177178 - Map Descriptions.doc
Voces de la Frontera submittal
City Attorney's Opinion
Public Comments (002)
Collingwood Population Projections for AD 13 Maps
HVAP Voces Proposals
Gratz MKE Map P
Gratz MKE Map R
MKE Redistricting Map Stats-Gratz Maps P and R
Rep. Cabrera Testimony in Support of Voces' Maps 01.10.2021 (002)
Supreme Court Case - Cooper v. Harris
CC File 211396 motion.rtf
City Attorney's signature
177153-3 Aldermanic District Boundaries.rtf
177153-3 Aldermanic District Boundaries.rtf
Notice published on 12/27/2021 & 1/3/2021
2. 211285 Resolution authorizing payment of the claim of Breezy Properties LLC in the amount of $13,921.79.
City Attorney Letter
Fiscal Impact Statement- Breezy Properties
3. 211311 Resolution authorizing payment of the claim of State Bank of Chilton, C.I. File No. 1050-2020-1098, and Holy Recovery International Church, C.I. File No. 1050-2020-1473.
Common Council Payee Letter.pdf
Fiscal Impact Statement.pdf
State Bank of Chilton-Holy Recovery International Church Notice of Claim and Emails.pdf
4. 211390 Resolution to authorize payment of the claim of Michelle L. Holman in the amount of $250,000.00;
Holman - Fiscal Impact Statement.pdf
Holman - Notice of Injury.pdf
Holman - Common Council Payee Letter.pdf
5. 211404 Resolution authorizing payment for legal services from Davis Kuelthau S.C., for legal services for City of Milwaukee Alderman Robert Bauman in the Wisconsin state court action entitled Tri-Corp Housing, Inc. v Bauman, Milwaukee County Circuit Court Case No. 07-CV-013965.
Contract for Legal Services signed (14042916)
First Amendment to Contract for Legal Services between City and DK (14284234)
FW Tri-Corp v. Bauman resolution and amendment
Second amendment to legal services Contractcadb01278057.1
6. 211345 Resolution deferring payment of a special assessment and appropriating funds for this purpose.
7. 211346 Resolution providing for continuance of deferred payment of assessments for worthy indigent resident property owners, and appropriating funds for this purpose with the 2021 City cost to be $161.62 with a ten year total of the deferred properties being $2,864.61.
8. 211312 Resolution cancelling real estate taxes levied against certain parcels bearing tax key numbers on the 2020 tax roll, plus interest applicable to date of repayment, if appropriate.
2021 BdgtCC CvrLtr-RE-Dec14CC.docx
2021Resolrchtxt RealEstate Dec14CC.rtf
9. 210963 Substitute resolution relative to legislative bills.
AMENDED Agenda 1-31-22
The Judiciary and Legislation Committee may convene into closed session on Monday, January 10th, 2022 in Room 301-B, City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, Wisconsin, pursuant to s. 19.85(1)(g), Wis. Stats., for the purpose of conferring with the City Attorney who will render oral or written advice with respect to litigation in which the city is or is likely to become involved and then may go into open session for the regular agenda.
This meeting will be webcast live at www.milwaukee.gov/channel25.
In the event that Common Council members who are not members of this committee attend this meeting, this meeting may also simultaneously constitute a meeting of the Common Council or any of the following committees: Community and Economic Development, Finance and Personnel, Judiciary and Legislation, Licenses, Public Safety and Health, Public Works, Zoning, Neighborhoods & Development, and/or Steering and Rules. Whether a simultaneous meeting is occurring depends on whether the presence of one or more of the Common Council member results in a quorum of the Common Council or any of the above committees, and, if there is a quorum of another committee, whether any agenda items listed above involve matters within that committee's realm of authority. In the event that a simultaneous meeting is occurring, no action other than information gathering will be taken at the simultaneous meeting. Times for specific agenda items are estimations. If items cannot be heard at their specified times, they will be heard as soon as practicable thereafter.
Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities through sign language interpreters or auxiliary aids. For assistance contact the Legislative Services ADA Coordinator at 286-2998, (FAX)286-3456, (TDD)286-2025 or by writing to Room 205, City Hall, 200 E. Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
City Hall and the Zeidler Municipal Building are accessible by "The Hop" City Hall Stations, the MCTS Green Line, Gold Line, 14, 15, 19, 30, 33, and 57 bus routes. Visit https://www.ridemcts.com/ for more information. Bike racks are available on Water Street, Market Street, and Broadway, and a Bublr Bike Share station is located on the northeast corner of Kilbourn Avenue and Water Street. Limited parking for persons attending meetings is available at reduced rates (5 hour limit) at the Milwaukee Center on the southwest corner of Kilbourn Avenue and Water Street. Parking tickets must be validated in the first floor Information Booth in City Hall.
Terms and Conditions
© 2023 Granicus