The City of Milwa...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
The City of Milwaukee, WI
JUDICIARY & LEGISLATION COMMITTEE on 2020-07-20 1:30 PM - This is a virtual meeting. Those wishing to view the proceedings are able to do so via the City Channel - Channel 25 on Spectrum Cable - or on the Internet at http://city.milwaukee.gov/citychannel
Meeting Time: July 20, 2020 at 1:30pm CDT
Closed for Comment July 20, 2020 at 12:30pm CDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
1. 200414 Appointment of Joe'Mar Hooper to the Board of Review by the Mayor. (5th Aldermanic District)
Board of Review - Hooper.docx
Resume - Hooper.pdf
2. 200281 Reappointment of Steve Miner as Commissioner of Assessments by the Mayor.
Resume - Miner(2).pdf
Diversity Action Plan for Assessor's Office - 2020 (005)
Racial Equity Plan - 2020 (003)
Assessor's Office Accomplishments - 2020 (003)
3. 200285 Reappointment of as Kimberly Montgomery as Legislative Liaison Director by the Mayor.
4. 200379 Resolution approving the write-off of outstanding taxes at 8919 North Granville Station Road, 8933 North Granville Station Road, 8955 North Granville Station Road and 8977 North Granville Station Road, in the 9th Aldermanic District.
Fiscal Impact Statement.doc
5. 200445 Resolution relative to the acceptance and funding of the WEC CARES Subgrant, issued by the Wisconsin Elections Commission
WEC SubGrant Budget
WEC Subgrant Resolution.docx.rtf
WEC SubGrant Budget 1.22.2020.XLS
6. 200448 Resolution relative to acceptance and expenditure of the Center for Tech and Civic Life ("CTCL") grant for planning and implementing a safe and secure election administration in the City of Milwaukee in accordance with the Wisconsin Safe Voting Plan 2020.
CTC - SafeVote Election Grant Budget 6.2020.XLS
Hearing Notice List
7. 200386 Resolution approving a Lease between F Street 501, LLC, as landlord, and the City of Milwaukee, as tenant, for 501 West Michigan Street, for election-related purposes for the August 2020 primary election and the November 2020 general election, in the 4th Aldermanic District.
8. 200345 Communication from the Comptroller's Office relating to the Annual Outstanding Receivables Report.
2020 Outstanding Receivables Report- Comptroller Letter
2020 Outstanding Receivables Report FINAL
9. 200362 Resolution cancelling real estate taxes levied against certain parcels bearing tax key numbers on the 2019 tax roll, plus interest applicable to date of repayment, if appropriate.
2020 Budget Attachment
Double Clutch claim
Serene Oasis claim 2
Serene Oasis claim
10. 200407 Resolution authorizing payment of the claim of Farmers Insurance on behalf of Maureen Conaty in the amount of $22,259.76;
Common Council Payment Letter
Notice of Claim, Servo Pro Report, Photos, and Filing Information
11. 200218 Substitute resolution directing the Department of Administration - Intergovernmental Relations Division to seek introduction and passage of legislation making race-based acts of "swatting" a hate crime.
Memo ACT 132
The Judiciary and Legislation Committee may convene into closed session on Monday, July 20th, 2020 in Room 301-B, City Hall, 200 E. Wells St., Milwaukee, Wisconsin, pursuant to s. 19.85(1)(g), Wis. Stats., for the purpose of conferring with the City Attorney who will render oral or written advice with respect to litigation in which the city is or is likely to become involved and then will go into open session for the regular agenda.
This meeting will be webcast live at www.milwaukee.gov/channel25.
In the event that Common Council members who are not members of this committee attend this meeting, this meeting may also simultaneously constitute a meeting of the Common Council or any of the following committees: Community and Economic Development, Finance and Personnel, Judiciary and Legislation, Licenses, Public Safety and Health, Public Works, Zoning, Neighborhoods & Development, and/or Steering and Rules. Whether a simultaneous meeting is occurring depends on whether the presence of one or more of the Common Council member results in a quorum of the Common Council or any of the above committees, and, if there is a quorum of another committee, whether any agenda items listed above involve matters within that committee's realm of authority. In the event that a simultaneous meeting is occurring, no action other than information gathering will be taken at the simultaneous meeting. Times for specific agenda items are estimations. If items cannot be heard at their specified times, they will be heard as soon as practicable thereafter.
Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities through sign language interpreters or auxiliary aids. For assistance contact the Legislative Services ADA Coordinator at 286-2998, (FAX)286-3456, (TDD)286-2025 or by writing to Room 205, City Hall, 200 E. Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
Terms and Conditions
© 2023 Granicus